[ckan-dev] Empty CKAN Database

Nigel Babu nigel.babu at okfn.org
Thu Nov 21 04:33:05 UTC 2013

I don't know of any out of the box way to do this.

You could perhaps try to save the details of the users from the user_list
API endpoint, empty and re-initialize the database, and then use those
details to re-create the users. Remember to request this as sysadmin so you
can get all the details of the users (especially email). You would still
need to have your users request password resets though.

Otherwise, just try to save the tables from postgresql with pg_dump. You
can specify table names for pg_dump. I'm not sure if that would cause other
problems though.

Nigel Babu

Developer  |  @nigelbabu <https://twitter.com/nigelbabu>

Empowering through Open Knowledge