[ckan-dev] geo data modelling

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 10:40:26 UTC 2013

hello phillip,

we implemented a mapping between ogc resources and ckan objects. it is
relevant, that you map a dataset as dataset and the corresponding services
as resource endpoints. you may have a look at http://www.govdata.de.
in the ogc metadata concept, there is a relation from the service content
(layer/featuretype) to one or more dataset metadata. if you don't have the
relation, you may map a fictive layer/featuretype as a dataset object.
the problem with the ogc metadata is, that the relations are not well
maintained or don't exists. maybe the EU INSPIRE Directive will produce
more consistent metadata in this point of view.

if you have further questions or need some practical examples please ask
;-)

hope this helps a little bit

regards
armin