[ckan-dev] possibility to view all data points on the map in cluster view?

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Mon Nov 25 12:50:58 UTC 2013

Also worth mentioning is that the Natural History Museum have a
project where they are integrating CartoDB, precisely in order to
display all of a large number of points on a map:

http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-discuss/2013-July/002838.html

Mark

On 25/11/2013, Adrià Mercader <adria.mercader at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think Mireille already knows about the page fields and she is asking
> about changing the limit by default.
>
> I don't think there is an easy way to tweak this from within CKAN,
> other than modifying the js code than initializes Recline [1]. Perhaps
> you can pass different defaults when initializing the Dataset object,
> this might be helpful:
>
> http://reclinejs.com/docs/models.html
>
> Perhaps people will know more if you open an issue on the Recline repo:
>
> https://github.com/okfn/recline
>

> Adrià
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/master/ckanext/reclinepreview/theme/public/preview_recline.js#L70
>
> On 25 November 2013 01:26, Dominik Moritz <dominik.moritz at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Yes, choose a larger upper bound in the text input at the top of the
>> preview.
>>
>> On 22 Nov 2013, at 12:53, Mireille Raad <mir.mir at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> Super quick yes/no question:
>>
>> Is there any way to view all the data points on the map? at least in
>> clustered view mode?
>>
>> Currently only 100 datapoints show by default. I know if i change the
>> value
>> manually, the map will update - but it may not be obvious to all users.
>> Any way to change this default behavior and show all?
>>
>> Thank you :)

Business development and user engagement manager
The Open Knowledge Foundation
Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn  |  http://ckan.org  |  @CKANproject