[ckan-dev] undo changes in CKAN

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Thu Oct 3 23:24:39 UTC 2013

This is a timely post.  I was looking into the versioning and despite having the initial belief that CKAN did allow real versioning (i.e. able to get back to older version of file), I had begun to conclude that in fact it was only a log of changes - so a version history, rather than actual versioning.

Learning about http://<ckan-site>/dataset/history/<dataset-name>  is excellent news.

Whilst history/revision pages may not as David says be very pretty, they are incredible valuable.  So I would not want to see them completely forgotten (ie. at least maintain the existing level of functionality into future CKAN versions).

Personally I have no problem there not being a visible link within CKAN to take me to the datasets history page - now I know about it I can go there if I need to - but it would be good to have it documented (along with a few of the other hidden admin features)

Aaron

Message: 1