[ckan-dev] CKAN and Raspberry pi

Lasse Vestergaard ibbernik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 08:35:56 UTC 2013

Hi all.

sorry for my lack of response. I have been a little buzzy. Have anyone
managed to solve the solr issue around Raspberry Pi? - I haven't yet

@Richard Gomes - I must say that I'm not competent enough to go down into
that level of installation (at the moment). But I would like to look into
it. Can you maybe provide me a link to where I can learn more about the "*
automagically* install everything" feature in Ubuntu?

@David Fawcett - Hmm. I would be a little surprised if a Raspberry Pi can't
run a webserver. I'm using a B edition with Raspbian, 512 mb ram, 32 gb
hdd, 700-1000 mhz clock speed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi).
When I read around the internet, lot's of people are using the Raspberry as
a webserver, so I'm tending to say that CKAN might need some optimisation
:-)

@Nigel Babu - Sound very interesting. Are you having any luck getting CKAN
running on your Raspberry pi?

A last question. Does anyone know how to do a complete remove of CKAN, if
you installed from source?

Best regards