[ckan-dev] Deleting harvest source

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Wed Oct 2 12:20:54 UTC 2013

Sure:

1. Clear all datasets that you harvested using that harvest source (this
makes it a little bit easier as you don't have to delete the datasets in
the database directly). You can do this in the admin panel on the website
(/harvest/admin/<harvester-name>)

2. Find the id of the harvester (there are several ways to do this,
including a paster command: paster --plugin=ckanext-harvest harvester
sources -c <config-file>)
select * from harvest_source;

e.g. in my case => f35f3b15-ab6d-4b81-b426-d2f73e3f1c96

3. Start deleting related records (the order matters!):

delete from harvest_source where id =
'f35f3b15-ab6d-4b81-b426-d2f73e3f1c96'; (if this fails, then you probably
did not clear the harvest source before)
delete from package_revision where id =
'f35f3b15-ab6d-4b81-b426-d2f73e3f1c96';
delete from package_extra_revision where package_id =
'f35f3b15-ab6d-4b81-b426-d2f73e3f1c96';
delete from package_extra where package_id =
'f35f3b15-ab6d-4b81-b426-d2f73e3f1c96';
delete from package_role where package_id =
'f35f3b15-ab6d-4b81-b426-d2f73e3f1c96';
delete from resource_group_revision where package_id =
'f35f3b15-ab6d-4b81-b426-d2f73e3f1c96';
delete from resource_group where package_id =
'f35f3b15-ab6d-4b81-b426-d2f73e3f1c96';
delete from package where id = 'f35f3b15-ab6d-4b81-b426-d2f73e3f1c96';

4. You're done, now you should be able to create a new harvest source with
the same URL.

Best Regards Stefan