[ckan-dev] how may I add a new harvesting source?

Elena Camossi elena.camossi at ext.jrc.ec.europa.eu
Fri Oct 11 12:45:42 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

> There should be a page for inserting new harvesting sources at
>   ... /harvest/new

I inserted a new CSW harvesting source using the form from this page.
I can see it from http://mysite/harvest under the csw type, and going to the
details of the source, I check that the source type is correctly set to CSW.
However, if I run the following command from the python virtual environment
pyenv to list all the sources

paster --plugin=ckanext-harvest harvester sources

I see that every CSW source has source type set to None.

So, If I want to use the CLI to add a new source instead, running harvester
source , I still don't know how to specify this source type and getting
either error

'Please provide a source type'
or
'ckan.logic.ValidationError: {'name': ['Url must be purely lowercase
alphanumeric (ascii) characters and these symbols: -_'], 'source_type':
[u'Unknown harvester type: None. Have you registered a harvester for this
type?']}'

Can someone add something on this? It's not a problem anymore, I have added
the source already, but I would like to be able to do it from the CLI too.

Kind regards,
.e