[ckan-dev] how may I add a new harvesting source?

Elena Camossi elena.camossi at ext.jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Oct 14 07:49:02 UTC 2013

Dear Adrià,

Thanks for answering. Indeed this was the first command that I tried to run:

paster --plugin=ckanext-harvest harvester source source-name-test
url-to-source-csw csw

(from the development.ini folder).
Then I tried with CSW, and other obvious combinations.

The output that I get now (with stable version 2.1, before was version 2.2)
is:

[1] 16840
[2] 16841
-bash: csw: command not found
(pyenv)[ckan at mtester ckan]$
Please provide a source type

[1]-  Exit 1                  paster --plugin=ckanext-harvest harvester
source source source-name-test url-to-source-csw
[2]+  Done                    service=CSW

So, it seems that the "csw" parameter is not get as a parameter but as a
bash command.
Anyway, it recognizes the service as a CSW by itself, but it asks for a
service type.

If I have a look at the list of registered sources, this is not included, so
it has not been added (I'm able to add it from the web interface, going
directly to page ../harvest/new).

Kind regards,
-Elena

CLI