[ckan-dev] User Quota

Nigel Babu nigel.babu at okfn.org
Mon Oct 21 06:48:29 UTC 2013

Hi Pabitra,

There isn't any configuration to implement user quota at this time.
Implementing such a user quota system in CKAN is bound to be challenging.
For starters, I'm not sure how you'd do this from an extension besides
monkey patching.

The place to look into would be ckan/controllers/storage.py. We store
uploaded-by as metadata along with the file. You would need to write an
endpoint to check for filesize and then call it from JS before doing the
file upload. The actual file upload is handled by JS in CKAN.

However, we're in the middle of changing how the filestore works
significantly. This should land in a few weeks for 2.2 and this will,
unfortunately, make your changes incompatible with future versions.

Nigel Babu

Developer  |  @nigelbabu <https://twitter.com/nigelbabu>

Empowering through Open Knowledge

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on