[ckan-dev] Scheduled tasks - celerybeat?

Ben Scott bnm at benscott.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 19:06:56 UTC 2013

Hi -

I have a celery import task that should run at fixed intervals, and it seems celery beat would be good for this. I'm having a bit of trouble getting it to work with CKAN though.

I've added a [app:celery] section in development.ini, and would have liked to add a CELERYBEAT_SCHEDULE section. But it needs to be a dict - and values in development.ini are evaluated as strings, it won't work. And I don't seem to be able to use IConfigurer to modify the config before it gets passed to celeryd.

Has anyone set up celery beat with CKAN? Or is there a better way of doing this? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Ben