[ckan-dev] multilingual extension and searching datasets

Ryan Maine balrogmi at msn.com
Wed Sep 25 08:39:07 UTC 2013

Following the steps described at
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/1021 after enabling multilingual
extension, replacing schema file and rebuilding indexes, the search is
working but under a strange condition.

I have noticed that the search doesn't work if I make a search using a
term translated, for instance:

1º) I created a translation for French mapping "computer" to "ordinateur"

2º) I created a dataset called "computer"

3º) I logged into my ckan site and selected French language

4º) If I type "computer" in the search field it finds a dataset called
"ordinateur" --> OK!!

5º) But if I type "ordinateur" in the search field it doesn't find
anything --> Normal???

I need to know if this behaviour is correct?? For me it doesn't make
much sense to ask French visitors to type the keywords in English to
find results in French.

Regards