[ckan-dev] internationalizing CKAN

Ryan Maine balrogmi at msn.com
Mon Sep 9 12:12:02 UTC 2013

Thanks Adrià, I followed the manual but the following error appears

AssertionError: default language "vo" not available

I followed the following steps:
- I chose 'vo' language code for testing purposes
- I installed Babel in a new python environment, different from my
ckan environment
- I copied an existent 'po' file for saving time, I didn't create a new one
- I compiled the po into mo using: 'python setup.py compile_catalog --locale vo'
- I created /vo/LC_MESSAGES folders in ckan/i18n folder, and copied
the recently compiled ckan.mo file
- I set ckan.locale options in the .ini file

I omited the step regarding to "Commit the Translation". It is not
needed, is it? Althougn I don't understand exactly how important this
step is

Thanks again for your help