[ckan-dev] Notifications that you've been added to a group/org

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Sep 24 08:46:50 UTC 2013

> I don't think there is currently a recommended way of doing asynchronous
> actions in CKAN (that's better than cron), so this may be a problem you
> need to solve.

I just remembered I think the new way to do async tasks in CKAN is by
writing a ckan-service-provider app:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan-service-provider

The new datapusher uses this, for example. So that might be the way to
get CKAN to send out emails when you want the emails to be sent
immediately, not the next time a cron job runs, and you don't want
sending the emails to be synchronous. Talk to kindly about it.