[ckan-dev] Harvesting metadata and ISO19139

Ryan Maine balrogmi at msn.com
Wed Sep 25 15:00:42 UTC 2013

Maybe I didn't explain my problem clearly enough. I'll try to ask in
another way for better understanding:

- I installed harvest and spatial extensions
- I tried a csw source from data.gov and it works fine importing the
datasets to my site:
http://catalog.data.gov/harvest/about/oer-geoportal --> perfect!
- Now I want to define a waf source. This source consists in a folder
that contains several xml files
- The question is: what structure/schema does each xml need to
complain in order to be harvested? I'm asking about the skeleton

Documentation talks about ISO19139, but what exactly is it? Is there
any document that describes the list of labels, properties, attributes
of an iso19139 xml-complaint document???

By the way, I tried also a WAF source from data.gov:
http://arcticlcc.org/metadata --> but it fails with "Transformation to
ISO failed"

Thanks again