[ckan-dev] Cannot find datasets in search but find them in the front page as groups

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Thu Sep 26 14:44:44 UTC 2013

The complete command that should work in any directory when you have your
virtualenv activates is:

paster --plugin=ckan search-index rebuild -c <path to your config file>

Normally your development.ini is in the root of your CKAN installation
directory, e.g. ~/pyenv/src/ckan/development.ini

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM, A Laxmi <a.lakshmi458 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hendrik. I do have the virtualenv activated whenever I run any command
> in ckan.
>
> When I ran the search-index check, rebuild commands under directory
> /etc/ckan/default, I got this message -*  Command 'search-index' not
> known (you may need to run setup.py egg_info)*
>
> When I run the check rebuild commands under any other directory eg.
> ~/ckan/lib/default/src/ckan, I get a different message saying -*AssertionError: Config filename
> 'home/user123/ckan/lib/default/src/ckan/development.ini' does not exist*
>

> More information: I have Solr running when I was running check, rebuild
> commands and I have a non-root production deployed url up and running under
> apache2.
>
> Please advise what to do with the message above from running check,
> rebuild commands of solr.
>

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Hendrik Bunke <bunke.hendrik at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is most probably due to a corrupted Solr index. If you're
>> using paster you can try to check for datasets not indexed with
>> 'paster search-index check' and then rebuild the index with
>> 'paster search-index rebuild'.
>>
>> regards
>> hendrik
>>
>> --On 2013-09-25 11:14, A Laxmi wrote:
>> > I have not added any new datasets and I am using the test data that came
>> > with ckan installation. On the homepage, it shows groups - "Dave's
>> books"
>> > with 2 datasets titles displayed below it and Roger's books on the right
>> > with one dataset displayed below it on the homepage of ckan. Now, when
>> I do
>> > search for "novel", it does not return anything. Also, when I click on
>> > "Datasets" on the top header of the homepage, it says no datasets.
>> >
>> > I am using Solr url.

>> --
>> Dr. Hendrik Bunke
>> http://gplus.to/hbunke
>> http://twitter.com/hbunke
>> http://www.hbxt.org

Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch