[ckan-dev] CKAN preview not working over HTTPS/SSL

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Thu Apr 17 15:08:07 UTC 2014

Hello there,

We are trying to setup CKAN over a SSL/HTTPS connexions.

For a reason I don't get, the preview feature (recline) stops working as
soon as I block/redirect regular HTTP.

I found this issue, but it's mainly about mix content warning for some
static content (images). The issue I have seem to be different.

(If I let HTTP open, I will have some mix content warning for some static
content like images that are coming from different hosts. But I don't see
any request that should completely prevent the preview to work when I block
HTTP.)

CKAN 2.2 - Example:
https://data.surrey.ca/dataset/city-points-of-interest/resource/94900a32-8613-4b16-89c4-f1c65375e4b7

(There was also an issue with the disqus commenting extension; I patched
the code and sent a pull request)

Steph