[ckan-dev] CKAN user meetup in Berlin, July 2014

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Apr 23 17:19:27 UTC 2014

Hi all, I'm interested in organizing a CKAN user meetup for a day or
half-day in Berlin in July.

OKFest is 15-17th July in Berlin (http://2014.okfestival.org/) and
EuroPython is 21st-27th (https://ep2014.europython.eu/en/), so I'm
thinking on the weekend in-between those: Friday 18th July.

This could be a number of things:

- Workshops run by experienced CKAN developers (for example on writing
  CKAN plugins, theming CKAN, or other topics)

- Presentations from CKAN users, about the projects they're working on
  with CKAN

- Discussions

- A hack session, hack on CKAN or your CKAN projects together with other
  CKAN developers

- Chance to ask a CKAN core developer all your questions in person!

The provisional venue is the OKFN Deutschland office on Gneisenaustraße.

Right now I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people might be
interested in coming to this event, before making it official. If this
sounds interesting to you, please reply on- or off-list and let me know
what topics you're interested in!

Thanks