[ckan-dev] Is CKAN suitable for textual search in a 10Gb dataset?

Andrés Martano andres at inventati.org
Mon Apr 7 19:15:50 UTC 2014

Thanks for the answer, Nigel.

I saw that the DataStore allows query. I was thinking about building a
site that used this query API to search inside the dataset in CKAN, and
then showed the results to the user.

Thinking again... maybe I just need to customize the preview plug-in.
What I need is something very similar to this:
http://okfnlabs.org/recline/demos/search/
The TXTs could be placed in the DataStore and then use a custom
search/preview like the one in the example, right?
But, instead of showing the TXTs' contents, it would list URLs for those
TXTs.
Is it possible to set URLs in CKAN via extensions? I mean, my CKAN is
hosted in "myckan.org", and I want to make "myckan.org/id/2014/02/02/34"
to be processed by my extension. That seems to solve the URIs problem.