[ckan-dev] Tech Team "Office Hours"

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Apr 17 08:53:45 UTC 2014

On 15 April 2014 13:42, Adrià Mercader <adria.mercader at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi Rufus,
>
> I'm confused about what would exactly be the content of these office
> hours. Is it devs being available for answering random support requests? If
> so wouldn't the list be a better place so everyone can benefit from it.

My understanding wouldn't be random support requests but a bit more
high-level: what's happening re roadmap, how would you recommend doing X.
Obviously, at this point I'm not entirely sure what would come from it.

I would emphasize that from my conversations this is esp attractive for
people who would *not* join the list (joining a list is quite a big
commitment and many people like the direct human interaction of a call or
hangout ...)

> If that is not the case how is decided what kind of questions can be
> raised?
>
> I'm all for engaging with users, but I think this will cause confusion.
> Not to mention that devs will have to commit to another meeting on their
> already busy schedule.

I'd suggest reserving some space in the existing tech team meeting but
response (I think from Nigel) was that this wasn't so good and I suggest
office hours on the dev list (which I'm doing :-) ...)

Rufus

*Rufus PollockFounder and CEO | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>The Open Knowledge Foundation
<http://okfn.org/>Empowering through Open Knowledgehttp://okfn.org/