[ckan-dev] CKAN preview not working over HTTPS/SSL

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Thu Apr 24 20:20:34 UTC 2014

To document the issue (if anybody falls on this thread): CKAN works fine
with HTTPS/SSL.

My issue was that my web server redirect declaration was not defined
correctly. When a visualization widget was trying to access the data via a
GET request, the request was failing at the web server level because of the
incorrect redirect declaration from HTTP to HTTPS.

The only missing step to be perfect on the HTTPS front is that the map
preview uses mapquest tiles on HTTP which creates mixed-content issue.
Nothing serious but most browser will be unhappy because of this. See
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/1202

Steph