[ckan-dev] ckan search terms OR vs AND

James Gagan james at everlook.ca
Thu Aug 14 20:12:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

 I would like to change the default search in CKAN to use AND rather than
OR so that we get more precise search results.
It seems out of the box, the search will bring back records containing any
of the search terms rather than records only containing all search terms.
I can't find much in the way of documentation on this, or an obvious place
in the code to control it so I am seeking suggestions. Would this be done
in SOLR configuration, or is there a place in CKAN I make this change (or
extend the code) from OR to AND.

thanks,
James
--