[ckan-dev] ckan form - help

kristi powell y2kristi at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 16:31:48 UTC 2014

I've registered...
I'm new to using ckan.  The new dataset form is pretty comprehensive, but I need 3 additional fields to be added.  I have read that it is not recommended to change the schema of the db tables, so i'm trying to create an extension.
For the fields that I needed added I can't seem to change the html file.  Am I expected to override the function in my python script and construct an entire new html form?  If I create a new html form am I responsible for writing the code to update the original ckan schema or just the fields that i'm adding.

Only list members can post to the ckan-dev mailing list. Please join
the list to post.

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
I'm new to using ckan.  The new dataset form is pretty comprehensive, but I need 3 additional fields to be added.  I have read that it is not recommended to change the schema of the db tables, so i'm trying to create an extension.
For the fields that I needed added I can't seem to change the html file.  Am I expected to override the function in my python script and construct an entire new html form?  If I create a new html form am I responsible for writing the code to update the original ckan schema or just the fields that i'm adding.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kristi