[ckan-dev] Creating package relationship details

Philip Cross phil.cross at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Feb 7 12:22:21 UTC 2014

As an experiment, I'm trying to generate sets of multiple packages per
dataset via our extension of the ckanext-harvester. This is further to
a previous enquiry looking at ways of preserving dataset file
structure: a single dataset is being broken down into multiple
packages, each representing the node of the file tree. The packages
are then related using child_of and parent_of relationships. Can I
check the correct usage of the 'relationships_as_subject' and
'relationships_as_object' attributes of the package dictionary?

I am creating relationship dictionaries where the package I'm creating
is the subject of one or more parent_of relationships and the subject
of a single child_of relationship, so I'm assuming that all these
dictionaries go into a single list which is the value of the
'relationships_as_subject' attribute. Is this correct? I'm getting
errors when the package is being created, so wanted to check I've got
the package structure correct.

Best wishes,
Phil

--