[ckan-dev] Enabling File Upload

Muse, Scott SCOTT.MUSE at LibertyMutual.com
Fri Feb 14 21:22:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to enable the file upload capability. I followed these instructions:

Setup file uploads¶<http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/filestore.html#setup-file-uploads>
To setup CKAN's FileStore with local file storage:
1.      Create the directory where CKAN will store uploaded files:
2. sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/ckan/default
3.      Add the following line to your CKAN config file, after the [app:main]line:
4. ckan.storage_path = /var/lib/ckan/default

[app:main]
use = egg:ckan
full_stack = true
cache_dir = /tmp/%(ckan.site_id)s/
beaker.session.key = ckan
ckan.storage_path = /var/lib/ckan/default

5.      Set the permissions of your ckan.storage_path<http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/configuration.html#ckan-storage-path> directory. For example if you're running CKAN with Apache, then Apache's user (www-data on Ubuntu) must have read, write and execute permissions for the ckan.storage_path<http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/configuration.html#ckan-storage-path>:
6. sudo chown www-data /var/lib/ckan/default
7. sudo chmod u+rwx /var/lib/ckan/default

I then restarted both jetty and the server but I still don't see the file upload option when trying to create a dataset. Is there somewhere else I should enable this setting?

Thanks,

-Scott