[ckan-dev] Datasets stored as 'Draft'

Luis eltipicoemail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 14:05:13 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have encountered some weird behavior on my local CKAN 2.2 instance which
happens occasionally.
Sometimes, after finishing all the steps of the dataset creation form, the
dataset state is set as "draft" instead of "active".
 After several attempts, I have managed to reproduce this issue on
demo.ckan.org. This is what I did:
 2. Go to Dataset -> Add Dataset
 3. "Create dataset" form:
   - On this form I filled out: Title, Description, Organization,
Visibility (Public)
 4. "Add data" form:
    - On this form I Filled out: File, Name, Format (csv)
 5. "Additional info" form:
    - I left this form empty
 6. Click the "Finish" button. You will be redirectered to the dataset page
which will show that the dataset's state is "active" (until this point,
everything seems to be ok), but if you refresh the page then the state
field will appear as "draft" (and this dataset won't obviously appear on
the search form page).

Is this a bug or am I doing anything wrong?

Regards!