[ckan-dev] Examples of successful CKAN deployments on RHEL 6.x?

Hendrik Bunke bunke.hendrik at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 10:34:21 UTC 2014

Hi Marcus,

I'm working at a large special library (ZBW - Leibniz
Information Centre for Economics). We have deployed a demo
application for a economics research data portal. It's running on
CentOS 6.x, but will go on RHEL as soon as we're going in
production mode. We did the deployment in-house (actually it was
just me). I've encountered no major problems so far. The most
serious problem has been the lack of an up-to-date Python2 version,
so I had to compile it. Perhaps I should add that I'm no RedHat
expert at all, though quite experienced with other Linux and BSD
systems.

Since we are in an quite early (yet functional) stage of
development we usually don't make the URL public. Drop me a line
if you'd like to have a look and I'll send it via pm. (though I
doubt that you'd see any RHEL specials ;-)

regards
hendrik

--On 2014-02-20 09:16, Marcus Dapp wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> a city in Germany who uses RHEL 6.5 likes to see a few re-assuring examples
> of cases where people have successfully deployed CKAN on RHEL 6.x. For the
> benefit of all of us, would you please respond to this thread with two
> brief lines about:
>
> 1) Who is your organisation, maybe URL to the data portal?
> 2) Did you do the deployment in-house (w/ help from this list) or did you
> have a support contract?
>
> Thank you very much for contributing!
>
> Marcus

Dr. Hendrik Bunke