[ckan-dev] linking data in private S3 buckets

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Thu Feb 20 11:57:12 UTC 2014

BTW if anyone's concerned that David implied that development of CKAN
is coming to a halt when he said "I do not really see us making
another major release for any years, or
potentially never", I'd like to explain...

CKAN calls "major releases" ones which have lots of breaking changes,
like 2.0 did. (Although actually we didn't find it too bad upgrading
data.gov.uk - not even 10% as bad as an upgrade of site from Drupal 6
to 7.)

CKAN continues to release regular "minor releases" which actually
contain major new features, whilst working terrifically hard to allow
sites to upgrade without any hassle. e.g. 2.2 release added the
organization hierarchy feature.

So unless anyone wants to radically redefine CKAN, then we should
welcome all the super progress that is made in what gets called, very
humbly, "minor releases".

David