[ckan-dev] Deleting an organization doesn't really delete it.

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Thu Feb 20 14:10:07 UTC 2014

>From something I read in the doc, a command like that might work, but I
never tried it:

echo '{"id":"my-org"}' | /usr/lib/ckan/bin/paster --plugin=ckan post -c
/etc/ckan/production.ini /api/action/organization_purge

However, using the API would not be much more difficult. A simple curl
command should make it:

curl http://your.url.com/api/action/organization_purge -H
"X-CKAN-API-Key:111-222-333-444"  -d  '{"id": "my-org"}'

And... it's Stéphane, with no "i" :)

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:06 AM, Henrik Aagaard Sørensen <BU1G at tmf.kk.dk>wrote:

> Hey Stephanie,
>

> Thank you. That make sense. Do you know if it's possible from the command
> line?
>

> Hey Henrik,
>

> You have to use the purge command via the API:
> http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/api/index.html#ckan.logic.action.delete.organization_purge
>

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 2:54 AM, Henrik Aagaard Sørensen <BU1G at tmf.kk.dk>
> wrote:
>
> I've tried to look through existing bugs, but cannot find the issue.
>

> When deleting an organization, it seems as if it really doesn't get
> deleted. Visiting /organization/DELETED-ORGANIZATION still shows the
> organization, at it is not possible to create a new organization with the
> same name.
>

> How could one fix this?

> Stéphane Guidoin
>
> Director, Transportation