[ckan-dev] Restricting Access to Private Resources on CKAN

Sajan Ravindran sajanravindran at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 17:30:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

We have currently a setup of CKAN ( 2.1 ) on EC2 and have the filestore
installed on S3. Currently, the data which we have is a combination of
public and private ( as it needs to be verified ).  We are running into an
issue with the private resources.

Though access to the private resources is restricted via CKAN, once someone
gets access to the S3 url of CKAN's filestore, the resource gets easily
downloaded. We are especially concerned about this as this data is
unverified. Is there any way by which downloading resources via this URL
can be restricted without affected CKAN's functionality?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sajan