[ckan-dev] GIS dataset import

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Thu Jan 16 11:57:42 UTC 2014

Yes, capturing the thumbnails would be done server side. I guess we
might be able to use a headless browser like PhantomJS to capture the
image.

CKAN 2.2 has a convenient FileStore where the images can be kept.
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/filestore.html

Anyway, I've added it to the Trello and people can show interest or
not. Ideally this will motivate someone to implement it (or fund it).
https://trello.com/b/MkqvtXnH/ckan-community-development-ideas-requests-roadmaps

David