[ckan-dev] problems upgrading to CKAN 2.2

Hildegard Gerlach hildegard.gerlach at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Wed Jan 29 17:56:00 UTC 2014

Hello,

I started to upgrade a CKAN 2.1.1 version to 2.2. I did the paster db upgrade command.
When I want to rebuild the search index I get the following error:

File "/usr/local/mtester.ies.jrc.it/pyenv/src/ckan/ckan/lib/dictization/model_dictize.py", line 329, in package_dictize
    result_dict['metadata_modified'] = pkg.metadata_modified.isoformat()

I cannot see any data anymore on the CKAN Web site as the index is empty but the data is still in the database.
It seems that there are 2 new fields in the table package: metadata_modified and creator_user_id

The value of metadata_modified  seems to be mostly empty in the database records which, I think, causes the error.

I tried as well to clean the database and reimport it (paster db clean, paster db load) and I get the same error again with the import. The database is already with the new fields as after the upgrade.

I had done the commands in the following order:

git checkout release-v2.2
git pull
paster db dump -c development.ini  ckantest_dump_28Jan14.sql
pip install --upgrade -r requirements.txt
python setup.py develop
restart Tomcat and httpd
paster search-index rebuild -r -c development.ini

Luckily this is a test version and I can restart with an empty database and reharvest data. But in production it seems difficult to dare upgrading.

Thanks

Hilde