[ckan-dev] Problem with custom fields only new datasets

Michael Reichart michael.reichart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 11:41:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

we have added serveral custom fields in our datasetform and adapted the
schema like described in the docs.Everything works fine when we are saving
an existing dataset - all custom fields are correct mapped and stored.

But if we create a new dataset some of the fields (6 of the custom fields,
everytime the same ones) are not getting stored. These fields are located
at the 3rd step of creating a new dataset (after uploading/linking a
resource). There are other custom fields in this step which are working
perfectly.

Any ideas what the problem could be? I even tried to implement the function
"new metadata" in a custom package controller. It seems like the data is
correct in the data_dict before updating the dataset, but the fields are
missing in the object returned from get_action(package_update)...

We're using CKAN 2.2

Thanks!

Michael