[ckan-dev] Question about linked data support

Peter (pt) Sefton pt at ptsefton.com
Mon Jul 14 12:01:27 UTC 2014

Hi all,

CKAN advertises linked data support, and I have looked at the page that
shows how a data set is described in RDF, but there seem to be a few
limitations:

1. The additional info tab on the upload form allows for an author name and
email, but not a URI. Looks like it would not be too hard to extend this
with an author-URI via the 'tags' but how about handling multiple authors?
Would one have to resort to author-1-name author-1-URI etc?
2. The additional info has provision for key:value pairs. In a linked data
description I think it would be good to see [key](URI): [label](URI)
3. In the new taxonomy support there seems to be provision for string-based
values rather than label+URI

Am I missing something about CKAN linked data support? Are there any
plugins or workarounds, or plans to change the data model? How about
support for arbitrary XML, JSON or JSON-LD metadata?

Cheers,
Peter

--
Peter Sefton +61410326955 pt at ptsefton.com http://ptsefton.com