[ckan-dev] Problem with custom fields only new datasets

Michael Reichart michael.reichart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 05:52:39 UTC 2014

No I'm not using the standard "extra fields" only the custom fields ...

You can see the form here:
https://github.com/OpenDataPortal-AT/ckanext-odpat-form/blob/master/ckanext/odpat_form/templates/package/snippets/package_metadata_fields.html#L25

The field "attribute_description" is one of the fields that doesn't work,
the field "metadata_linkage" right above works ...

The controller code is here:
https://github.com/OpenDataPortal-AT/ckanext-odpat-form/blob/master/ckanext/odpat_form/controllers/odpat.py#L327

But that's already the version where I also tried setting the data
hardcoded in source ... I also tried the standard function "new_metadata"
and tried using the original package controller.

My schema is here:
https://github.com/OpenDataPortal-AT/ckanext-odpat-form/blob/master/ckanext/odpat_form/plugin.py#L76

The actual (released) version is found under: data.opendataportal.at

As I've said before, editing an existing dataset works, the problem is only
when storing a new dataset.

Thanks!!

Michael