[ckan-dev] Unable to set debug mode (or reload development.ini file)

John Brisbin john at boab.info
Wed Jun 11 13:53:27 UTC 2014

G'Day all,

We are creeping up on having a successful install, I think...but at the
moment I seem to be unable to restart the service so that the
development.ini file is reloaded.

I have the spatial search module installed, and have started a custom
extension to contain a few theme modifications. The CKAN docs
(http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/theming/templates.html) about a third
the way down advise us to set the debug mode to /true/, and then we
should get a new link to a panel of information in the footer of the
CKAN homepage.

I set the debug to /true/, saved the development.ini file and restarted
Apache. However, we get no debug option in the footer of the front page
(or any page).

We're trying to get the ini file reloaded by using the command:

paster serve --reload /etc/ckan/default/development.ini

(from an activated virtualenv)

Running this --reload command results in about 18 lines of traceback,
and ends with:

return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
socket.error: [Errno 98] Address already in use

I think this means the server has not restarted, and thus the .ini file
has not been reloaded?

Any clues most gratefully received!

Kind regards,

JB

--
John Brisbin
Managing Director, BoaB interactive Pty Ltd

E: john at boab.info
M: 0407 471 565 | P: 07 4094 2172
Skype: boabjohn | Twitter: @boabjohn