[ckan-dev] (OperationalError) could not send data to server: Connection timed out

Gianluca Pindinelli gianluca.pindinelli at linksmt.it
Thu Jun 12 14:56:49 UTC 2014

Hi all!
I have a problem with an installation of CKAN 2.2a: my scenario involves
two VM, one for CKAN and one for PostgreSql DBMS.
Sometimes (when the portal is not used for a long time) CKAN print the
error "(OperationalError) could not send data to server: Connection
timed out" with blank page into browser. Restarting apache the problem
disappears.
I did an investigation and the problem seems correlated to PostgreSql
9.1 that closes the connection not used after some time.
I tried to set parameters for "sqlalchemy" connection pool, adding these
setting into my production.ini:

sqlalchemy.pool_recycle=3600
sqlalchemy.pool_size=5
sqlalchemy.max_overflow=10
sqlalchemy.pool_timeout=30

but the problem persists.
The question is: are these setting used by sqlalchemy? There are other
ways for passing these parameters?
And most in particular: can this issue resolve my problem?

Thank's in advance!

--
This email was Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com