[ckan-dev] Multiple plugins implement same action method

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Thu Jun 19 19:09:39 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Pabitra Dash <pkdash_reena at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have overridden the 'package_update' action in one of my plugins. I
> installed another plugin which also has implemented the same action method.
> At run time now I am getting an error that says the action method is already
> implemented in one plugin. Which means no more than one plugin can override
> the same action method. Is there anyway to resolve this if I want to use the
> downloaded plugin?

That's not currently supported, but we've been talking about adding a
toolkit function for calling the original action and possibly allowing
chaining of actions.

Do both plugins call the core package_update implementation? If so we
might be able to chain them, if not, how would you expect both to
work?

Ian