[ckan-dev] Multiple plugins implement same action method

Alice Heaton a.heaton at nhm.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 09:09:02 UTC 2014

On 19/06/14 20:09, Ian Ward wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Pabitra Dash <pkdash_reena at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>   no more than one plugin can override
>> the same action method.
> That's not currently supported, but we've been talking about adding a
> toolkit function for calling the original action and possibly allowing
> chaining of actions.

Hi Ian,

This is a problem I've encountered multiple time, so I'm very happy to
hear a solution is in the works!

Auth functions in particular are very good candidates for chaining -
most cases where I implemented an auth function I just wanted to treat a
special case, and then fall-back to the default implementation otherwise
(In practice I've had to import the default function).

Is there a GitHub issue for this? I'm happy to contribute some real
world use cases.

Thanks,
Alice