[ckan-dev] PluginNotFoundException even though it works.

Henrik Aagaard Sørensen BU1G at tmf.kk.dk
Fri Jun 20 11:24:37 UTC 2014

Hi Rachel,

Thank you. I will look into this.

Fra: ckan-dev [mailto:ckan-dev-bounces at lists.okfn.org] På vegne af Rachel Knowler
Sendt: 20. juni 2014 11:53
Til: ckan-dev at lists.okfn.org
Emne: Re: [ckan-dev] PluginNotFoundException even though it works.

Hi Henrik,

I've also been getting error messages like those when writing plugins recently. I guess you have seen this page, which was almost all I could find when searching the internet for similar issues: http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/908.html. It seems that the problem might be something to do with the Apache wsgi script, but I don't know how or why!

In my case, I narrowed the cause of the problem down to the plugin getting the group_list API action function (http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/api/#ckan.logic.action.get.group_list). This was strange, because it was properly using the plugins toolkit to get the action, and because elsewhere in the plugin the actions group_show and group_create worked fine. I ended up working around this in the plugin.

Can you try eliminating API functions from your plugin to find out if any of them are causing the problem?

Cheers,
Rachel
[Fri Jun 20 08:53:03 2014] [error] Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'clearing'" in <bound method PluginEnvironment.__del__ of  Services for Environment '<default>'
[Fri Jun 20 08:53:03 2014] [error] > ignored
[Fri Jun 20 08:53:03 2014] [error] Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'clearing'" in <bound method PluginEnvironment.__del__ of  Services for Environment '<default>'
[Fri Jun 20 08:53:03 2014] [error] > ignored
Error opening file for reading: Permission denied
Error opening file for reading: Permission denied

Any idea on what it could mean?

Liip AG // Limmatstrasse 183 // CH-8005 Zürich

Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // Mob +41 78 658 26 12 // www.liip.ch<http://www.liip.ch>