[ckan-dev] Ckanext-qa doesn't display any information.

Jesús Redondo redondogarciajesus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:23:05 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am trying to install ckanext-qa plugin in a 2.0.2 CKAN instance. The
instance is accessible via:

http://www.caceresabierto.es

I have installed ckanext-archiver (https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-archiver),
which is prerequisite, then qa-extension (https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-qa)
and finally I have configured the production.ini and restarted apache2.

The plugins activated are the following:

ckan.plugins = stats recline_preview noregistration resource_proxy
pdf_preview archiver qa

And the URL of the site is:
ckan.site_url = http://www.caceresabierto.es

The problem is that no changes have occur in the CKAN portal:

1) The datasets don't show any info about the 5 stars of openness.

For instance, I don't see any difference in
http://www.caceresabierto.es/dataset/farmacias-caceres, no matter if the
plugin is on or off.

I expected to see something similar to what is shown here:
http://ckan.org/2012/02/09/ckans-qa-extension-just-got-better/
or here: http://data.gov.uk/dataset/land-registry-monthly-price-paid-data(I
guess they are using this same extension).

2) If I use /qa path to check the openness of the datasets, no datasets are
found.
http://www.caceresabierto.es/qa/dataset/five_stars

I expected to see something like this but with dataset instead of
organisations:
http://data.gov.uk/data/reports/qa/organisation/scores

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks,

Jesús Redondo