[ckan-dev] Creating a Datastore resource via the API

Jay Daley jay at controlfreak.net
Thu Mar 13 09:53:08 UTC 2014

Hi

As I understand it from the documentation I should be able to create a Datastore resource by specifying "resource" and a dictionary that has the package_id and not specify a resource_id .  e.g.

	{ "resource" : { "package_id" : "Jay's Test" } }

which I'm using against http://demo.ckan.org/api/3/action/datastore_create  with a POST and my API key.

However the error message I'm getting seems to contradict that:

	"success": false, "error": {"message": "Missig id, can not get Resource object", "__type": "Validation Error"}

Have I misunderstood the documentation?

cheers
Jay