[ckan-dev] Is it possible to get all datasets AND metadata in a single RESTful API call ?

Martin Stephenson stephenson.martin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:07:06 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I'm looking at the CKAN APIs and I want to know if there is a RESTful API
call that will give me a list of all datasets including their full metadata.
Right now I can do this by get the list of datasets, then for each dataset
I can individually get it's full metadata and list of downloadable files.
Is there a way to do this in a single call ? Otherwise I will really be
hammering the CKAN server with possibly 1000's of calls to get all the
metadata (i.e. a call per dataset) ?
Thanks !

--

Martin Stephenson