[ckan-dev] Importing server-side data

Verma, Rishi (398J) Rishi.Verma at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 25 22:50:44 UTC 2014

Hello,

I was reading through the documentation on Filestore [1] and also the Loading Data guide [2] but I didn't see anything detailing how to perform server-side data loads.

I have tens of gigabytes worth of data stored on my server, which sits on the same box CKAN is running on. I want to import this data into Filestore and make it accessible via CKAN. Is there some CKAN API support for non-HTTP based data import into Filestore? In other words, can I import data into the Filestore module without having to actually "upload" it and risk the server crashing?

An alternative idea I was thinking is linking to the dataset. However, I don't want to make the dataset accessible over a URL to the entire world, instead, I want to have CKAN control the access. Any suggestions?

Thanks much,
Rishi Verma

--
[1] http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/filestore.html