[ckan-dev] Convert a dictionary to/from extras

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Mon Mar 3 17:02:55 UTC 2014

Hi Khalegh,

the extras are actually a list of tupels, each tupel has two entries, the
first is the key and the second one is the value.
To convert a dict to a list of tupels, you can use the items() method (see
this answer on StackOverflow for details: http://stackoverflow.com/a/674531)

And here is an actual example how to add an extra field ("license_url"):
https://github.com/ogdch/ckanext-zhgis/blob/develop/ckanext/zhgis/harvesters/zhgisharvester.py#L353

Regards Stefan

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 5:45 PM, Khalegh Mamakani <
khalegh at highwaythreesolutions.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to add a dictionary of data like contacts : {'name' : ...., 'email' :
> ...} to a dataset.
>  Does anybody know how to define dataset schema so that I can convert the
> dictionary data to extras and when showing the dataset convert it from
> extras?
>
> Thanks,
> Khalegh

Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch