[ckan-dev] Ckanext-qa doesn't display any information.

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 09:50:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

As archiver is a dependency you need to make sure you also have a working ckanext-archiver set up. This will involve setting up celery (which runs tasks based on messages to a queue) by following the instructions at https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-archiver - the ‘Using Archiver’ section describes making sure celery is running. If you’ve already set it up you can just try

     paster celeryd --config=/etc/ckan/default/production.ini

and you should see some output showing what tasks it has loaded. One of these tasks should be a QA task which will run the jobs you sent (as output from paster qa update).

I think you may need to modify the new templates to get the stars to display like that, I’m not 100% sure tbh as I haven’t run QA with a clean CKAN.  We do use it on data.gov.uk, and you can see an example at http://data.gov.uk/dataset/naptan but then we customise every single template.

I’ve a feeling that QA and archiver should probably be merged into one extension, QA is useless without archiver and archiver by itself only provides a cache of the resources - it might be possible to simplify setup too. Maybe I’ll start another thread to suggest it.

Ross.