[ckan-dev] Reading error after adding a new field in Organization [ codes in github]

Qifeng.Bai at csiro.au Qifeng.Bai at csiro.au
Tue May 13 00:06:12 UTC 2014

I have developed a plugin which adds a field "project_leader" into "organization' . I can use API method to retrieve this project and get the value of "project_leader".  However, when I use CKAN page, for example: http://127.0.0.1:5000/organization/project6, it returns me "ValidationError: {'name': [u'Missing value']}"
 I have commit my code to https://github.com/baiqif/ckanext/tree/master/nlmp

There are two main classes in plugin.py:

ExampleIDatasetFormPlugin  -  it is the example the CKAN webiste gave

NlmpProjectFormPlugin - add a 'project_leader' to 'organization'.  This is the example I got errors.

 It can write 'project_leader' field into the CKAN database and I can read the value for API request. But CKAN web reports an error of {'name': [u'Missing value']}

Many thanks for your help

Bai

[cid:image001.gif at 01CC55BF.85E7FEB0]

Qifeng Bai