[ckan-dev] Data Packages/JSON Table Schema support

Rodrigo Parra rodpar07 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:51:14 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I have just read some information about Data Packages[1], Tabular Data
Packages[2] and JSON Table Schema[3].

I would like to know if there is a way (core CKAN or extensions) to
integrate these protocols with CKAN resources, or if it is on the roadmap.

Particularly:

   - Letting a user define a basic schema for a resource (in JSON Table
   Schema format) within the resource form. Probably with optional dynamic
   fields.
   - Publishing CKAN resources as Data Packages.

If integrations with this protocols is on the roadmap, I might be able to
lend a hand.
I would probably need some guidance, but still, I might be able to help.

Thank you in advance, any help would be appreciated.
Greetings,

Rodrigo

[1] http://data.okfn.org/doc/data-package<http://data.okfn.org/doc/data-package>
[2] http://data.okfn.org/doc/tabular-data-package