[ckan-dev] Dashboard - My Organisations etc

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Wed May 28 00:54:53 UTC 2014

Hi,
   In CKAN 2.2. the user dashboard has entries for News Feed ; My Datasets ; My Organisations ; My Groups, and an Edit Settings button.

Under My Organisations, a new user sees the message " You are not a member of any organizations." yet they have been added as a member of an organisation.  If their role is changed to Admin, then the organisation does show up under my Organisations.

So - should the default message say "You are not an admin of any organizations"  OR
Is there a setting that can be changed to make My Organisations show all organisations a user is a member (or editor or admin) of?

Plus, I see in the user guide for CKAN 2.3a that the Dashboard has changed, and now only has a News Feed and Settings tab, and My Datasets are listed down the side. Questions:
- in 2.3 will My Datasets show only datasets the user has uploaded, or all datasets from organisations they are members (or editor or admin) of?
- in 2.3 how does a user get a view of all the organisations they are members (or editor or admin) of?

We are about to roll out v2.2 to our staff (their first exposure to CKAN) and I am putting together some notes on use/FAQs... and these things will come up.  And eventually we will shift to v2.3 when it is released so if things are changing I may wish to be selective in what/when I tell staff about certain features.

Thanks
Aaron