[ckan-dev] Can extensions provide their own *.po files?

David Megginson david.megginson at megginson.com
Thu May 29 18:48:05 UTC 2014

If I create a custom theme for CKAN that includes text not in the original
CKAN templates, is there a way to translate it without having to edit core
(essentially, to fork CKAN) by directly editing the files in ckan/i18n/?

For example, let's say that my custom template lists the followers for each
dataset.  I can include something like this in the Jinja2 template:

<h3>{{ _('People following this dataset') }}</h3>

Now, how do I translate that to "Ceux qui suivent ce jeu de données" or
"Personen, die diese Datenmenge folgen"? Is there any way that theming
extensions can provide their own *.po files?

Thanks, David