[ckan-dev] Exclude CKAN JS resources

Vitor Baptista vitor at vitorbaptista.com
Thu May 8 15:22:37 UTC 2014

Hi Ross,

As far as I can see, the problem isn't creating the resources, but loading
them. It's done at
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/blob/master/ckan/templates/page.html#L132-L139.
So, if you overwrite that block in your template, you should be fine.

Keep in mind that many plugins depend on that resource, so they'll end up

Cheers,

> I have found that in the ckan/lib/fanstatic_resources.py module in CKAN
> core that four fanstatic libraries are always created - regardless of any
> theming work you may be doing.
>
> For our work with our very custom theme library which requires making
> jquery 2.1 and 1,11 available, I have not yet found an alternative to
> patching this module to get rid of the calls to create_library() at the
> bottom of the module in order to prevent CKAN from loading the base
> resources.config.
>
> If anyone has alternatives, I too would be interested.
>
> Ross
> Statistics Canada
>

> On 8 May 2014 07:14, Kirstein, Fabian <fabian.kirstein at fokus.fraunhofer.de
> > wrote:
>
>>  Hello,
>>

>> I’m developing a very custom CKAN theme within an extension, with own CSS
>> and JavaScript. I have a custom base.html and derived templates from that.
>> But CKAN is still including all its JavaScript etc., configured in
>> public/base/javascript/resources.config. I don’t want any of those
>> resources, they are causing some conflicts. Is there any way to prevent
>> this behaviour within my extension?
>>

>> Thanks a lot
>>
>> Fabian.
>>

>> ----
>>

>> Fabian Kirstein
>>
>> Fraunhofer-Institut für Offene Kommunikationssysteme FOKUS
>>
>> Kompetenzzentrum Electronic Government and Applications
>>

>> Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
>>
>> 10589 Berlin, Deutschland
>>
>> Tel.  + 49 30 3463 7718
>>
>> E-Mail: fabian.kirstein at fokus.fraunhofer.de